New Haven Hotel FAQ
Based on the availability of rooms at our hotel, guests are free to check-in any time between 6am and midnight on their reserved day of arrival.
Check-out time is 11am.
Yes, covered parking with in/out privileges is available on property, and is ADA accessible. There is an additional cost of $22/day + tax per vehicle parked.
Yes! The New Haven Hotel is happy to allow dogs to stay with their families at our property. There is a limit of one dog of any size per registered room, and a $75 required one-time cleaning fee upon checkout.
We are 100% smoke-free property, in all public spaces and in all guest rooms.
Due to restrictions in place for covid 19, our on-property restaurant is temporarily closed.
However, for all registered guests of the hotel, we are offering a "grab-n-go" breakfast complimentary. If you come to the front desk each morning between 7am and 9am, we have prepackaged breakfast options that you make take with you on the go, or back to your rooms.
Cribs are available upon request, but are limited and issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
While roll-away beds are not available at our hotel, we do have pullout sofa beds in some of our king sized guest rooms.
We do offer a limited number of connecting rooms per floor of our hotel.
Late check-out are not currently available for any guests of the hotel. Standard check-out time is 11am daily.
We have three classifications for rates, with the following cancellation policy for each:
1) "Best Available Rate" - you may cancel without penalty or fee up to 48 hours prior to your day of arrival.
2) "Extended Stay Rate" - you may cancel without penalty or fee up to 48 hours prior to your day of arrival.
3) "Advance Purchase Rate" - full payment for your stay is due at the time the reservation is booked. If reservations are changed or canceled any time after booking, the full amount of the advance payment will be forfeited.
Yes! We have special rates for any professional looking for temporary housing OR students looking for just-off-campus housing. You can enjoy our convenient location in downtown New Haven, just one block off of Yale's central campus and adjacent to University Hospital, from just $89-$99/night when you stay 7 or more consecutive nights.
Benefits of Housing at The New Haven Hotel:
- Scheduled housekeeping services included
- High-speed internet included in-room and throughout the building
- Access to secure, on-site parking
- On-site laundry facilities
- Professional drycleaning available, with door-to-door service
- On-site business center open 24-hours
- Livingroom-style lobby area for work and study, with social distancing and enhanced cleaning enforced
- 200+ channels of in-room TV with movie channels
- Mini-refrigerators and coffee/tea makers in every room
- Work desk and ergonomic chair in every room
- No shared restrooms/showers/baths of any kind
- Many rooms available with sofa/pull-out bed
- 24-hour front desk and secure entrance