Health & Safety
OUR COMMITMENT TO CARE
At New Haven Hotel, the highest priority remains the health and safety of our guests and associates. You can ensure a clean and safe stay with us with our high housekeeping and hygiene standards, as well as our upgraded cleaning products and protocols. We look forward to welcoming you to New Haven.
Current Safety and Cleaning Standards
Partnering with industry experts, such as Ecolab®, to ensure we have training on hygiene and infection prevention expertise. Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene and chemical products, is a trusted industry partner. Training hotel staff on cleaning and sanitizing procedures developed by AIMClean, our proprietary robust cleaning and sanitizing certificate program includes best practices from in-house and outside experts, such as Ecolab.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
Increasing the frequency of cleaning and special sanitizing using EPA-approved products throughout all public areas of the hotel, meeting spaces, guestrooms, and work areas with a focus on high-touch areas and hard surfaces. These include, but are not limited to, the guestroom door, both sides, handle, latch, peephole light switches, thermoset, TV remote control, telephones, do-not-disturb sign, closet door, iron, ironing board, hangers, safe, luggage rack, window sills, window, curtain rods headboard, nightstand, inside drawers, bibles, knobs, and handles.
- New Air Filtration in Public Spaces
Our newly installed air handlers have an ionization system that purifies the air passing through the hotel. It reduces airborne particles and infections from them by 99.4%. Read more about it here.
- Safe Service in Food and Beverage
Providing food and beverage offerings in a grab and go format or touchless delivery to your door; providing rigorous food and beverage staff training; and adhering to local health department guidelines along with guidance from the CDC, such as the use of personal protective equipment and food safety.
- Allowing for Physical Distancing
Physical distancing throughout all areas of the hotel, including in public areas, fitness centers, meeting spaces, lobby, and work areas. Training associates on physical distancing in interactions with guests and with each other.
- Staff Wellness
Hotel associates go through temperature checks, and increased personal hygiene protocols, including frequently washing hands and wearing gloves, where needed.
- Common Areas
- Our Trained staff follow social distancing and sanitizing standards
- Social distancing signage is managed at common areas and at the front desk
- Sanitization of surfaces in all common areas inside the property
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided in the lobby and at the entrance
- Contactless payment and check-out options are available for our guests
- Rooms + Suites
- Frequent cleaning in all accommodations with disinfectants
- Guest keys are well sanitized for a safe and clean experience
- Frequently disinfect high touchpoints, like switch panels, remote controls, and faucets in the rooms
WE'RE FLEXIBLE. TRAVEL WHENEVER.
We know you are ready to reconnect with the world. In uncertain times, we keep things flexible. Life happens, and things change. Plan your family travel or a weekend getaway with confidence at New Haven Hotel.
- Flexible change and upgrade policy
- No cancellation fees for individual reservations
- Contactless payment and check-out
We encourage all guests and employees to continue to take precautions, from social distancing, often hand washing, and covering coughs and sneezes to avoid infection. Check out more prevention measures on the CDC website.
Wishing you good health and safe travels!
PLAY AND STAY LOCAL
New Haven Hotel puts you at the center of all that is there to see and do in New Haven. You will find prominent attractions within a few minutes' walking distance, including:
- Yale University
- Shubert Theatre
- College Street Music Hall
- Yale Center for British Art
- East Rock State Park
- Elm City Games
- Are the staff required to wear masks?
As per the latest guidelines from local authorities, hotel staff are not required to wear masks in New Haven, CT. However, our cleaning staff shall use disposable gloves to protect our guests from any contamination.
- What are the enhanced cleaning measures in the hotel?
We have committed to brand-new deep cleaning methods as per the CDC and Department of Health guidance. It includes daily disinfecting of surfaces, all rooms, and public areas.
- Does the property have hand sanitizing stations?
Yes, guests can find hand sanitizing stations all over property. We can also offer additional supplies on request to ensure extra protection.
- Are local restaurants open?
Yes, restaurants are open, but with proper precautions in place. All visitors should follow social distancing protocols while inside the restaurant.