NEW HAVEN WEDDING GROUP ROOM BLOCKS
Keep All Your Guests Comfortable And Close For Your Big Day And Beyond
Wedding couples celebrating their big day in or around the heart of downtown will find plenty of things to love when booking a room block at New Haven Hotel. We make it comfortable, convenient, and affordable for you and your traveling friends and family to soak up the culture of our great city before, during, and after your “I do’s.”
Make comfort the heart of the matter at our hotel
Our spacious, well-appointed accommodations feature all the amenities of home so you can relax in simple style while focusing on your love. Your guests will cherish our custom furnishings, complimentary Wi-Fi, mini-refrigerators, coffee makers, and free movies. Rooms feature one king or two queen beds. Select suites also boast a full kitchen and living area.
We can set up our intimate meeting space to accommodate bridesmaids, groomsmen, and/or family members so your whole group can get ready together before heading to any one of New Haven’s popular wedding destinations. Full-length mirrors, cozy chairs, and flowing champagne will set the right mood for your big day or evening.
The second floor of our hotel can also be rented for your pre- and post-celebrations. Bring in catered food to keep the party going after your reception or treat your guests to a morning-after brunch where toasts won’t be the only thing on the menu.
If you or your guests drove to New Haven or rented a car to get around town, we offer reasonably priced covered parking with in-and-out privileges so you can explore the area without worrying.
Enjoy convenience around our hotel in the heart of New Haven
In addition to being about 5 miles from Tweed-New Haven Airport (HVN), we are centrally located to many of New Haven’s popular wedding and reception destinations. Your guests will love being near your wedding venue, whether you’ve chosen:
- Anthony's Ocean View (5 miles): A gorgeous venue overlooking the waters, ideal for a destination wedding with multiple spaces and catering on-site.
- The BallRoom at LoRicco Tower (0.3 miles): A 32-foot-high rotunda ceiling, grand staircase, and 18-foot palladium windows harken the days of Gatsby while offering elegance, grace, and grandeur for your wedding.
- New Haven Lawn Club (1.7 miles): The ballroom inside this stately Georgian mansion offers stunning art deco architecture and décor for a traditional or contemporary ceremony.
- West River Hall (1.9 miles): Large architectural windows allow plenty of natural light during the day, and interactive LED dance lights set the mood for any celebration at night.
- Seasons (4.6 miles): Whether your event is outdoors in the gazebo or indoors around the cozy fireplace, this family-owned venue offers more than five decades of service.
- Amarante’s Sea Cliff (5.4 miles): A federal-style building and elegant grand ballroom overlook the ocean for a breathtaking event in a location with 100 years of history.
- Birchwoods Banquet Facility (6.5 miles): A golf course and rural scenery surround this facility with three different wedding halls.
- The Woodwinds (10.2 miles): Austrian crystal chandeliers, a marble dance floor, and a grand staircase are tucked away in this European country manor with a magnificent garden.
- Three Saints Park (11 miles): This private park features two pavilions with views of lush grounds and a beautiful pond where your guests can also swim, fish, and paddle.
- Bill Miller’s Castle (11.2 miles): Exposed reclaimed beams, rare antique furniture, five field-stone fireplaces, three-story cathedral ceilings, and ornate stained-glass windows make this venue a truly unique experience.
- Cascade (11.8 miles): Whether your ceremony and reception are in the grand ballroom or on the garden terrace near a cascading waterfall, this venue offers elegance and privacy.
- La Mirage Wedding & Banquet Facility (12.1 miles): Lush private gardens and two indoor reception spaces with a flowing lobby stairway make this a picturesque location for a grand or intimate ceremony.
- Villa Bianca (13.9 miles): This majestic estate features grand pillars, ornate bridges, and a well-manicured garden with cobblestone walkways and vibrant wildflowers.
Set your heart on seeing these attractions near our hotel
New Haven is the cultural capital of Connecticut, and there are so many things for you and your wedding guests to do before and after your ceremony and reception. Arrive in New Haven a few days before your big event or stay a few days after to enjoy:
- Recreation: Explore the outdoors and soak up the area’s natural beauty whether you hike, bike, or skate on one of the more than 100 trails in the area. Or you can visit a beach and get a tan.
- Breweries: Start celebrating your love early at one or more of the nearly two dozen breweries in the area.
- Wineries: Cheers with a glass of wine, a cheese board, and plenty of camaraderie when you visit a local winery. Make it a day trip and go on a tasting tour.
- Train: Hop on the Hartford Line and make stops between Springfield and New Haven to sightsee, find souvenirs, and even dine. The service also offers a connection to New York City if you want to check out the Big Apple on your Connecticut adventure.
- Annual Events: It doesn’t matter what time of year your wedding is. There are always unique events happening in and around New Haven. From the Cherry Blossom Festival in the spring and North Haven Irish Festival in the summer to the Fantasy of Lights in the fall and Coast & Country Winter Wine Trail in the winter, you’ll get a great taste of all the region has to offer.
Eat your heart out at these dining spots around our hotel
Our grab ‘n go continental breakfast is available for purchase in the lobby during morning hours. We also offer a convenience market with gourmet coffees, teas, healthy snacks, and desserts for those cravings that aren’t at mealtime.
There are many great restaurants just moments from our front door when you need to fuel up at lunch and dinner. A few within walking distance include:
- Bonchon (300 feet): Asian fusion cuisine with Korean fried chicken
- Pho Ketkeo (400 feet): Laotian and Thai cuisine with bowls and comfort foods
- Havenly (450 feet): Middle Eastern cuisine with bowls, sandwiches, and grape leaves
- Jack’s Bar and Steakhouse (0.1 miles): American cuisine with steaks and seafood
- Olives and Oil (0.1 miles): Italian cuisine with brick-oven pizzas and hand-pulled mozzarella
- Pacifico (0.1 miles): New Latin cuisine with tapas and seafood
- Aladdin Crown Pizza (0.2 miles): Mediterranean-Italian cuisine with pizza and Middle Eastern appetizers
- Meat & Co. (0.2 miles): Sandwich shop with hotdogs
- Mecha Noodle Bar (0.2 miles): Asian cuisine with Vietnamese pho and Japanese ramen
- Pitaziki (0.2 miles): Contemporary Mediterranean cuisine with pitas, wraps, salads, and rice bowls
- Te Amo Tequila Bar & Tacos (0.2 miles): Modern Mexican cuisine with tacos, quesadillas, and soups
- Temple Grill (0.2 miles): American cuisine with pasta, salads, and sandwiches
What’s your heart’s desire
Ready to reserve a room block for your wedding guests? Book now.